Saturday, March 27, 2010

Cherry Tree Inn-Traverse City-have you stayed here?

I have read a wide range of reviews on this inn, and want to know if anyone has recently stayed here, and what type of room they were in, and how were the beds? Was there a good beach here or was the water very low and full of weeds and/or sandbars? I do realize that water levels have been low here for several years, but still want to know how good the beach is. Thanks for any info! Tyme



Cherry Tree Inn-Traverse City-have you stayed here?


Hi Tyme, The hotel looks really nice but I%26#39;ve never stayed there. I will say that we are experiencing a lot of moisture this winter/spring and I expect the lake level to be higher. With that said when we drive in from the direction of Acme that area always seems low with what I call reeds.



Cherry Tree Inn-Traverse City-have you stayed here?


Thanks for the info, Rono. I think the reeds will still be high in that area. If you go that way before mid-June, let me know!




Rono: It%26#39;s good to hear that the water levels are up. They were getting very low over the past few years. Can%26#39;t wait for our trip in July!





Tyme: Have a great trip in June! Anything planned prior to June....when are you heading to Ohio? Moms




About mid-July to OH, Moms.





A week in TC/Mackinac Island/UP in June.





Nope, nothing before that, maybe camping once. Don%26#39;t know where though. I best pick a place soon......




The water colors on the east side of east bay were absolutely incredible on Wednesday with very distinct bands of different shades of blue.





The south end of east bay didn%26#39;t look so good with patches of little islands with vegetation on them for a ways out from the beach. Hopefully a small rise in water level will take care of this.




We stayed there with the extended family, 6 rooms, several years ago... and absolutely loved it!





I must admit it was probably 4-6 years ago, but the service was fabulous, the rooms were very nice, it was quiet...





We%26#39;ve often thought about going back....




The service is what I am hearing about too, L! So, I went ahead and booked a room for a couple nights, good rates, too. How was the beach? I know water has been low for several years-was it real weedy or reedy? Just curious, though we won%26#39;t be spending much time out there...




Tyme-





I will compare it to the Bay City State Park Beach the last time I was there... Weedy not exactly where you want to camp out... but still nice.





It is a really wide beach, but I%26#39;m not sure it%26#39;s the best in town.... then again, none of the Hotels have that great of a beach in TC. If you%26#39;re looking for a nice, secluded beach, try the Lighthouse on Mission Point, otherwise, the State Park or the Acme city beach aren%26#39;t bad. But remember, depending on the time of year, TC isn%26#39;t the best play in the water place... head to Caseville for that!




We stayed here for our anniversary a couple of years and really enjoyed ourselves.





The beds were comfortable. Our room had a nice fireplace, jacuzzi and balcony as well. We were there in October, so we didn%26#39;t get in the water at all, but the views were wonderful.





Only thing I didn%26#39;t think was all that great was the breakfast. Really basic, continental.





Enjoy Traverse!

No comments:

Post a Comment