Saturday, March 27, 2010

Northern Michigan TA Meetup

I%26#39;ve heard a few people talking about wanting to do a meetup sometime this summer and I figure since I%26#39;m in the area, I%26#39;ll be the catalyst to get this thing off the ground.





I%26#39;d like to get some suggestions from those interestted in attending as to dates, locations, etc.





I was thinking maybe it would be a good idea to try and make it as centrally located as possible, perhaps Indian River? It%26#39;s right off I-75 and just about a half hour from most of the area attractions (except TC).





What%26#39;s everyone think?



Northern Michigan TA Meetup


Indian River works for me. Perhaps Vivio%26#39;s?





But my only firm dates in the area this summer are June 10-12. I hope to get up there again before the summer is over, but may have to wait until fall. I understand if you have the meet up later in the summer.





Last July, bruizer_man from Lansing called for a get together in MC, but I was the only TA to visit his party in the marina on the 4th.



Northern Michigan TA Meetup


We have tenative plans to be in Charlevoix July 12,13,14. Possibly could make it up another time.




Love it! I know I will be there July 11-19. I will be chaperoning a group of 15/16 year old girls during the week of July 26. I also know that I will be in the Lansing area in late June.





Would love to meet all of you! Moms




Say it isn%26#39;t so, Rono....we are both scheduled in Charlevoix at the same time! Wow I might get to finally meet you and share a good glass of wine! Moms




Really, I wasn%26#39;t going to bring up our trip because I thought you were going later in July. We%26#39;ll need to work this out. I%26#39;ll let you know for sure as soon as I know. :)




Oh Boy...you two are going to be in the area during Blissfest...July 10-12, you really should check it out...blissfest.org...they%26#39;re an amazing organization that really does an enormous amount for the arts here in Northern Michigan...and they put on a great little festival. If it%26#39;s at all within the realm of possibility I highly recommend you check it out at least for a day. Check out the map, the location%26#39;s close to Cross Village, Lake Michigan and one of my favorites...Legs Inn.





As for the dates, those sound good to me...tough to beat the weather in mid-July!




WE will be gone the 2nd week of July to OHIO...OMG! Maybe be able to catch you all that weekend though of the 10, 11 and 12 of July? Hope it all works out. :)




MrsRedPony and I will be in Harbor Springs from July 15th-21st. We usually try to drive down to Charlevoix as a day trip, unless we go up and spend a night or two at Mackinac Island. I%26#39;d love to connect with any of you who will be around. Sorry we%26#39;ll miss you Sue. Would you trade Ohio for %26#39;Up North%26#39;?




Not sure we can Red, but we will look at it and see. Possibly that weekend you are here we can see you 2, we could drive up somehwere for a day trip?? Keep you informed as time draws near..be great to see you and the Mrs. though! (And the rest of the MI gang..)

No comments:

Post a Comment