Saturday, March 27, 2010

Restaurants near DTW

I know this topic%26#39;s been posted before, but I couldn%26#39;t find what I was looking for, so I%26#39;ll post again.





We%26#39;re having a quick overnight stay at the Romulus Courtyard before an early flight Saturday morning. What%26#39;s close by (within 20 minutes or so) as far as good, fun restaurants? We%26#39;ll have our four year old, so it needs to be kid friendly and fun, but we%26#39;re totally foodies so it needs to be good. Any suggestions? Something different, ethnic, maybe sushi or thai or something off the wall?



Restaurants near DTW




I%26#39;ll try, but can%26#39;t think of anything that totally fits your description. Here%26#39;s a few ideas that are 20 - 25 min away from Romulus. My kids ages 6 %26amp; 8 love the following:





Bahama Breeze - 19600 Haggerty Rd between 7 %26amp; 8 Mile Rds, Livonia. Caribbean cuisine. Fun atmosphere. At times live band. http://www.bahamabreeze.com/







Red Robin, 37701 6 Mile Rd (just east of I-275), Livonia - Fun kid friendly atmosphere - burgers, chicken dishes, cool drinks.



http://www.redrobin.com/







Thai Basil, 37273 6 Mile Rd approx 1 mile east of I-275, Livonia - Nice atmosphere, great Thai food



http://www.szechuanempire.com/thaib.html







Haandi Indian Cuisine, 37116 6 Mile Rd, Livonia



http://www.haandimichigan.com/



Restaurants near DTW


I would suggest something in Ann Arbor. The Zingerman%26#39;s Road House is excellent. It%26#39;s what I would call gourmet barbeque but I%26#39;m not sure that is the proper description. Excellent microbrews. Other alternatives are any restaurant along Main Street. Most are family friendly and very good. How about Mongolian Barbeque? Gratzi for Italian, Prickly Pear for Southwestern Cuisine, for Ethopian try Blue Nile, for Cuban and Latin cuisine try Cafe Habana. Closer to I-94 try Mediteranno...my husband and I love to go here for excellent Greek wines and their delicious appetizer platter. Other Greek and Turkish options are delicious.





The State Street exit off of I-94 is less than 30 minutes from DTW. Ann Arbor is such a laid back town that most of the restaurants are very kind to children. All of the suggestions I made will welcome your child.





Have a great time! Moms




Assuming you meant this weekend, I am posting this too late, but you can file it for future use. Try Bangkok 96 in Dearborn for Thai food. Nothing fancy, but very, very good food. It is on Telegraph Road just south of Michigan Ave. Watch close, or you will drive right by.




Thanks for the posts everyone,





Unfortunately, I underestimated the amount of time my bride needed to shop on the way down (is overestimated ever the case?) and we would up not getting into our hotel until about 11:00. We had a quick pizza delivery and crashed.





Oh well, maybe next time!!




Did you go to Jamaica, DHC?




Sure did, had a great time...first trip to JA for our little deadhead...she had an awesome time and proved herself a more than pleasurable traveler...already infecting her with our ';travel bug';...lol





Haven%26#39;t had time to do a trip report or resort review yet, but they%26#39;re coming...





Thanks for asking!

No comments:

Post a Comment