Monday, December 12, 2011

Bavarian Inn prices

I see the Family Style Chicken dinner listed at $19.99 online...Does anyone know what the price for children are? We will be travelling with four kids ages 3, two 6 year olds and a 9 year old.





Thanks



Bavarian Inn prices


I don%26#39;t know, and it%26#39;s probably too late to check now, but their website offers a toll-free number, and they can probably tell you:





1-800-228-2742





Most can, but not all 800 numbers can be called free from Canada, so if you can%26#39;t reach them, someone here probably can during more normal business hours than this. :)



Bavarian Inn prices


Just a FYI you don%26#39;t have to eat upstairs and do the family style all you can eat. I know my family can%26#39;t eat nor to we like everything that they bring out to you. I know Zenders (across the street) has a place that you can eat downstairs same food, but cafe style that you pick your sides and how many pieces of chicken you want. My daughter and I were there last weekend and I want to say that 2 (or 3) pieces of chicken with 2 sides was around $8 or $9. I really wanted eat here, but got there late (around 7 pm on a Monday), and they were closing down. We did eat in their bar, called the Tap room. We had 2 pieces of chicken, stuffing, and potatoes for $8.



I am almost positive that Bavarian Inn has another less expensive sit down, restaurant. It isn%26#39;t as much food, but prices are more reasonable.



We did see a sign downstairs that on Tuesdays, they had some kinda of deal like a ';bucket'; of chicken and several sides, I want to say for under $25.



You may want to check out these other options and save a few $$.



Eating upstairs you can have a drink, and it is a little nicer. But, with smaller kids cafe may work for you too.



If you are in Frankenmuth for a few nights the locals told us that Tiffneys was a good place. We eat at the Mainstreet Traven, great brats (cheap), and excellent Philly Steak cheese sandwhichs. This is a bar however, but again it is where the locals go.




Oh, you might want to check around, you may find coupons for the all you can eat places. We are from the Detroit area, and I see them come in flyers/coupon books. Maybe you can find one online.




You can eat in the main dining rooms at BI and ask for the luncheon menu, even if it is dinner time. They will give you one. And then you can find the aforementioned dinners that serve 2 or 3 pieces of chicken, mashed potatoes/gravy and dressing. Maybe can get noodles over the dressing. I am sure the kids can share too, though I do not know that for sure. But I bet they would be more than willing to allow that. I think those dinners are around $9-10, for us a much better deal than the family style, which has things most kids won%26#39;t eat..lol.




We go there several times a year. When you order the Family Style Chicken Dinner, children are charged by how old they are. I believe it is 50 cents per year of age.




Hi,





Zehnders and Bavarian Inn are the same ownership and across the street. Zehnders has the info on their website. Prices for kids 11 and under are



Family Style Chicken Dinners



Ages 2-5 $3.95



Ages 6-8 $7.95



Ages 9-11 $8.95





If you haven%26#39;t been before you%26#39;ll love it. It is so worth it.




Just wanted to interject here that my family is from Frankenmuth and I know that the Bavarian Inn and Zehnders are owned by two diff sides of the family.



Same family,Diff brothers families.





Just a bit of trivia. gh

No comments:

Post a Comment