Monday, December 12, 2011

concert at Van Andel arena

hello



I am not very familiar with the area and have some questions.



I am going to take my kids to see Taylor Swift in Oct



at Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids Michigan.



Is it downtown and in a safe place?



Where should we stay overnight when there after the concert? any suggestions would be great.



Also can we just walk from hotel or should we take a taxi????



any input?



thanks kim



concert at Van Andel arena


I am sure others will chime in here. I have been to Van Andel for concerts and the area is safe.





The specifics have been been discussed on the forum previously so you may want to do a quck search.





Here is a link to one of the most recent posts;





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g42256-i881-k25268…



concert at Van Andel arena


Yes it is right in the middle of town. I would agree that the immediate area around the arena is safe. I wouldn’t want to venture too far to the south from there, maybe a few blocks. To the north you%26#39;ll be fine. The Courtyard Marriott is nearly across the street and the new JW Marriott and Amway Grand are connected to the arena by an enclosed bridge so I wouldn’t think you’d need a taxi. Those are just the three hotels I’m familiar with. There are also many places to eat from casual on up. It really is a good set up for shows.




thanks for your input



i will try those hotels



kim

No comments:

Post a Comment