Monday, December 12, 2011

Webcams on Mackinac Island

I can%26#39;t seem to get enough of Mackinac Island, so when I can%26#39;t be there in person, I often have one of three webcams open on my desktop.





The newest addition to the webcam family is one atop the Chippewa Hotel that allows you to control the camera. It is on the Mackinac Island Chamber of Commerce website, courtesy of boatnerds.com. The link to the webcam is: http://www.mackinacisland.org/webcam.html





There%26#39;s also the webcam from Horn%26#39;s Bar:



http://www.hornsbar.com/webcamlarge.htm





Lastly, I visit the webcam at The Island House Hotel:



http://www.theislandhouse.com/island-cam-22/





You can also visit the webcams of the Mackinac Bridge at: http://www.mackinacbridge.org/bridge-cam-20/





If you know of other webcams on the island or bridge, please post them here.





Many thanks and best wishes for a wonderful 2009!



Webcams on Mackinac Island


This is good to know, thanks for the info!



Webcams on Mackinac Island


Thanks AP! I have the Horns Bar and Island House open usually a couple times a day. Good to know about the other! Can%26#39;t wait to check it out.





My husband often catches me daydreaming staring at the screen. Then reminds me our next trip isn%26#39;t for another 8 months. Party pooper!




Thanks Kdets89!





I am having trouble this weekend getting the controllable webcam to function. It worked yesterday morning but now has an error when the Java script loads. Anyone else having this problem?





Now that 2009 has arrived, it%26#39;s time to think about the next trip to the island. We%26#39;ve never been there in June, so....




We were having fun with it yesterday too, but couldn%26#39;t get it this morning either.





Most of the times we have been to the Island have been in June. Wonderful time as long as you can avoid the rain, which is what always seems to happen to us in early June. Later in the month is great! We%26#39;ll be making our trip in August this year.




wow thanks! thats so neat how you can move the camera yourself!!




how fun thanks for posting this!




So the controllable webcam on the Chippewa Hotel is now my favorite on the island.





If you know of any other island cams, please add them to the list. Thanks!




I have found another webcam in the Mackinac Island area. This one features a view of the Mackinac Bridge and Straits, from what looks to be Mackinaw City:





9and10news.com/weather/skycams/skycam.asp…





There are also other northern Michigan webcams on the same TV station web site.




My husband says the same thing to me when he asks what Im doing at the computer monitor. Just checking to see what its like. I vacation in Mackinaw City and the Island every year. Although I dont call mine party pooper I call him old geezer. It doesnt cost anything to look.




I like looking at the cams also. It%26#39;s nice to see the ice and snow all melting and the water moving. Can%26#39;t wait to see the boats in the harbor, we are going in June during the lilac festival for our first visit! Does anyone know when they will be bringing the horses over to the island? I would love to watch them arriving from the ferries. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment