Thursday, April 1, 2010

Leelanau Wineries

I will be heading to Traverse City for a girls weekend in two weeks. We plan on visiting the wineries on Leelanau Peninsula. I’ve noticed there are 15 of them so wanted to know which would be recommend the most since as fun as that sounds, I don’t think it will be possible to visit all of them in a day. Well and not fall over that is! We have visited all the wineries a few times on Old Mission and enjoyed all of them but wanted to try something different this time by going to Leelanau. Thanks for any advice.



Leelanau Wineries


My three favorites are Blackstar Farms (winery and creamery) Cicconi vineyard and winery and Gill%26#39;s Pier vineyard and winery.



Leelanau Wineries


cicconi vineyard seems wonderful. Is it appropriate for a high end wedding. How do I get in contact with the winery. Any other ideas for Leelanau weddings?



Thanks for the info.



Ann




Hello Ann,





I believe the name of the winery is the Ciccone Vineyard and Winery.



http://www.cicconevineyards.com/





Here is the web page for contact information



www.cicconevineyards.com/contact_page.htm




It is most definitely appropriate... do a search back a couple of weeks (maybe a month or so ago), I gave a lot of details on a wedding we did there.... including pictures.





I think you%26#39;ll LOVE it!




Mother-





Here%26#39;s the direct link to the long response I gave on this question back in January for someone else. Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you!





H







tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g42758-i320-k24648…




I%26#39;ve only been to Cicconi vineyard on the Leelanau Peninsula. Except for the wine it was an experience near to Sonoma or Napa. :) PS I didn%26#39;t see Madonna.




I would try the wine before you book a wedding. The winery is beautiful however my whole group (12 of us) hated the wine. Willow would be my suggestion for a wedding on Leelanau.




Kilarney - check out Mawby. They only do sparkling wines and they are fantastic. They have one - Sandpiper - which they only sell at the tasting room and it is around $10.00 - truly a steal. I also like Black Star Farms for the cheese, but every time I have been to the tasting room it seems over run with kids. Two of my other favorites are Bel Lago and Shady Lane. My husband and I head up north a couple times a year and hit the wineries each time. Another fun place is Cherry Republic in Glen Arbor. Cute little town and Cherry Republic only sells cherry stuff (they have samples of all the food - chocolate covered cherries, cherry salsa, cherry bbq sauce, etc.). They also have a tasting room where they have several kinds of cherry wines.




Wow, I have never been on a winery tour! I always thought I would have to go to Napa...lol! So, a few questions, our anniversary is coming up in June. Is this a good month to go? Also, are their tours, as in buses, or do you have to drive youself? And is there nice hotel/motels around.




June is nice, there%26#39;s always wine to taste at their wine bars. Yes, there are tours... but it%26#39;s easy to drive.. and very scenic to drive too. Yes, there are plenty of hotels/motels/room in the TC - Leelanau area. Check with the Traverse City CVB at visittraversecity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment