Saturday, April 3, 2010

Science Center Detroit -- safe?

Hi,



I live in a pretty gritty part of Chicago, so I%26#39;m fine, but my date scares easily!





I want to surprise him with tickets to Star Trek at the IMAX Dome at the Science Center. The only show we%26#39;d be able to make it to would be 11pm. We%26#39;d be driving from our hotel in Troy.





Is there a certain way we should take? Is it safe? Should I just go to the plain AMC Imax in Sterling Heights? Please advise me!



Science Center Detroit -- safe?


If you can handle Chicago, you can handle Detroit. The Science Center has its own parking adjacent to the building.





The area is also safe as students from Wayne State U and the College of Creative Studies roam into the wee hours and security from those schools patrol regularly.





If you%26#39;re going on a weekend, you%26#39;ll also see folks across the street at the Detroit Film Theatre in the Institute of Arts.





The easiest way from Troy to the Science Center is via I-75 southbound. Exit at Warren Avenue, turn right and head up about 4 blocks. However, there has been a great deal of construction on I-75 lately so you may want to check for road closures when you visit.



Science Center Detroit -- safe?




Just be aware of your surroundings and you%26#39;ll be fine. The closest parking is about a block north of the Science Center off of John R at Farnsworth. However it shows that this parking lot closes at 10pm. Maybe call to see where is the best place to park at that time.





Also, are you just going down there for the IMAX? If so, I would just go to the Sterling Heights location.




I heard the IMAX at the Science Center was better. Is that true? B/c it%26#39;s an IMAX dome?




I prefer the domed IMAX theatres because they seem to put the audience right in the middle of the on-screen action, a feeling not achieved with the regular IMAX. Depending upon the movie, the IMAX Dome also can create an amazing feeling of actual motion.








The Imax at the Science Center is way better than the AMC in Sterling Heights. The Science Center is a fine location, its located near WSU. I%26#39;m currently taking classes there and I never have a problem. Have you considered eating at restaurant before hand? There are a few with character in the area. Let us know if you want some suggestions.




Thank you all so much!!



I plan on going to Cass Cafe -- I%26#39;ve heard great things!

No comments:

Post a Comment